COME JOIN THE GANG

Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Flowers?

Although sometimes the weather outside doesn't feel like spring the calendar says it is April and our body says we are ready for winter to be gone.  Since I live in South Dakota where we just had snow Monday, I am always on the lookout for a project to help me feel like spring really is just around the corner.  I reminded myself of a great tutorial for making frayed fabric flowers.  Now I am always a little frayed from everyday life, so I figured these flowers were right down my alley, so off I went to dig through my bookmarks to see if I could find it.  Bingo!  I got it.  The picture above is what the tutorial teaches you to make and the link to the site is below.  Whether or not you are in need of flowers right now I do believe there will be a time one of your projects will just be yelling for a flower to put in that spot right ...there.  I can see these on tote bags, vests, hats, and on and on.  Trust me once you get started making them you won't need any plant food to make them grow, they will appear all on their own.  Have fun arranging your flowers.
http://sew4home.com/projects/fabric-art-a-accents/568-tattered-flowers-for-embellishment

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really love the flower Molly! Most of my days are kinda frayed around the edges anyway so this is just perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.