COME JOIN THE GANG

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fabric Bowl

I love to weave baskets and sometimes they turn out pretty good.  Then I got into braiding baskets and they turned out pretty good.  Next was to crochet a basket, again pretty good.  But this is one I haven't done yet.  It is a wrapped core and machine sewn bowl.  Sounds like a confusing name but it really isn't a tough procedure.  At the link below is a fantastic tutorial and photos that will show you exactly how to make one of these bowl pictured above.  One thing that makes it so easy is that you use the soft clothesline as the base and I use my leftover fabric strips to wrap the cord.  So basically it is a very inexpensive project that turns out looking great.  So I hope you take a look at the below site and check out the tutorial and maybe get a head start on some Christmas gifts.  Enjoy

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/33825/how-to-sew-a-fabric-bowl

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'v given you a Kreativ Blogger Award, on my website www.pompomemporium.com Please do with it what you will, don't feel you have to take part, I won't be offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very nice and so colorful. Great place to keep small item sin. Thanks for sharing.
    Enjoy your Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.