Sew-What's-New is a fantastic group of ladies, actually it numbers in the thousands. But it is a super place if you want to learn to sew or perhaps you need to freshen up your skills a little bit. One thing that is so great is that they have 321 videos that cover just about anything you want to do. Now this cute little Easter placemat pictured above is one of the free patterns there, it is right on the front page so you can't miss it. I have included the link below to that page. I think using the carrot to hold the silverware is just such a cute idea, you know for me this could be used all spring not just at Easter time.
So you still have time to whip up a couple of these or probably more if you do them in the multi assembly method. If you don't understand my Texas way of talking, this method just means that you would apply all the carrots at the same time then all the bottom rabbit faces, and so on in this method. Basically you would finish all 4 (?) placemats at the same time, instead of sitting and making one complete one, then go on to placemat #2. For me I find I work faster this way, because I already know any little quirks that the pattern requires for it to go together smoothly so I'm ready to work on them all, one after another.
I guess I will leave this cute pattern with you, and if you can't make it by there now don't worry, they will be there a long time. So when you get one or two made you must post a photo for all of us to see, and naturally invite us for coffe and cake----on your new placemats.
Keep your bobbins full.
http://sew-whats-new.com/
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.