COME JOIN THE GANG

Friday, March 19, 2010

Pincushions

I belong to a group called Pins & Needles, if you look over in the left sidebar you will see the badge of the group, you really should stop by and check them out.  Now back to what I was saying, we have a chat every Saturday night and a very sweet lady, Doris Sturm, put the Cup Pincushion up as a give-away prize for attendees.  Guess what----I won!!  This is a china cup with a crocheted "ball" as the pincushion section and the pins she sent along look like little sprinkles on a cupcake.  It just is so beautiful, thank you so much Doris.  Now the heart shaped one was a gift from one of my quilting friend.  One year she made these for a bunch of us as a surprise gift, and it works so well because no matter where you stick the pin it goes into the cushion part.  Last but not least, is the ring pincushion, it is made using a pop lid or water bottle lid.  I think most everyone has seen these all around the internet so I won't bore you with all the how-tos of it, but I made these for everybody in our quilting group the same year the heart pincushions were made.  I just love all the many types of pincushions, you can really see the creativity come out of everybody when they get to designing them.  Plus, it seems like you can't have too many, you always need one more, so ladies what are you doing today?  How about taking an inventory of your pincushions and see if you need one more????

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.