skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Well, I have been waiting to see if Jay would make a post about this, and he hasn't, so I guess it is up to me to brag on him. First off, for those that have asked where he has been because he hasn't posted in a while. He has been so busy with Patriot Guard and with his "special" activities during the month of December that he truly hasn't had time. For instance today they are at the National Cemetery for the Laying of the Wreaths then after that they are going by Fort Meade to deliver special packages to the patients there. Jay helped last night to get all the bags made up and he will be all dressed up in his special Dec. outfit for the delivery. Okay, now on to what I was really going to write about. We live in an apartment building that has wheelchair access for me, so our front door opens right out into the parking lot. Jay goes a million times a day to that door, opens it, and just checks on the weather or whatever is going on. Tuesday about 3:30pm he opened the door and then heard something that sounded like a yell. When he looked around he noticed a boy over by our large trash dumpster and he was kicking it and making a sort of noise. Jay hollered and asked him if he was okay. Again the boy made a noise but you couldn't understand him. So Jay took off towards him, about that time our neighbor came out and saw Jay so she took off towards the boy also. Well, guess what they found when they got there. The boy had put his tongue to the metal dumpster and was now stuck there, yes that's what I said, he was stuck there. Now it was 0* outside, no cap on, no gloves on, and he was crying he was hurting so bad. Unfortunately he had bled quite a bit, it was all over the ground, and the dumpster and had frozen. So Jay sent the neighbor to me to get a glass of warm water which he used to free the little 9 yr. old. The reason the boy did it? He had just watched the Christmas Story that day and so he had to try it but didn't have a flagpole handy, so he tried the dumpster !! Jay got him loose, the boy went home and when Jay checked on him 30 minutes later he was okay, but a little embarassed about it. Now get ready for this part. It winds up in the local newspaper, Wed. and again on Friday on the front page. Then Jay gets a call from Arizona and they did an interview with him and then said it was probably going to hit the AP. They are doing a big comparision between the boy and the movie, plus patting Jay on the back for finding him and getting him loose. So that's what has been going on around here and we are about ready for things to get back to normal. But you know what? I've dicovered living with my hubby is anything but normal. Take care my friends and stay away from the metal dumpsters. 8>)
OMG! I heard that story on the news (radio, I think), so it did go national. Good for Jay and his quick thinking. I think it's wonderful the things that he's doing for with the Patriot Guards. Tell him we miss his blogging... Karen
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that Jay helped him, but the thought of my tongue on a dumpster, well, it just makes me want to go...YUCK! EEEooouu!
ReplyDeleteGod bless Jay for his help with the boy, and with the Patriot guard. God is smiling down on him!
Be blessed with season of Christ.
Michelle
I always knew I would like to be your neighbor, Molly, but now I'm sure of it.
ReplyDeleteI snooped around the net and found the story. It said that after the ordeal was over, that Jay made the boy promise one thing, and it was to help out someone else in the future.
What a big heart he has!
Good for Jay. What a wonderful husband you have. Gives me shivers just thinking about having my tongue stuck to anything. They always warned us as kids but I guess we girls paid more attention. DH remembers getting his tongue stuck to a pole.
ReplyDeleteJay is a true hero in just so many ways,and you are fortunate to be his wife. I too have a husband like that. Is Jay retired military? That was a good thing he did for that young boy. I remember when I was a kid and my older brother touching his tongue to a metal ice tray, same result. Of course I thought it was really funny. He wasn't quite as bad 'cause he could put his mouth under warm water coming out of the faucet. LOL Yep maybe girls are smarter than boys. LOL Tell Jay he's quite a guy and Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete