COME JOIN THE GANG

Thursday, December 10, 2009

How Long Do I Have???

I don't know about y'all but I feel like I am working myself to death and that time is running out on me. I really thought I had everything under control on gifts. I even got them all wrapped, then I realised some people that I had missed. Like our postman and a couple of the wives of the Patriot Guard guys. Now the postman won't be a problem because we have had the same nice man ever since we have lived here, but the two women are the ones I am worried about. I told Jay I think I'm going to be lazy and give them a pretty cup and saucer and a special package of tea. I don't really know them very well so I can't exactly make them a gift or purchase something that I know they would love, so I'm going to take the easy way out. I think the cup and tea is a gift I would enjoy so I think that's what I'll do for them. You know what I told Jay I wanted for Christmas? One of those huge Rubbermaid tubs with a lid so I will have a safe place to put all the items I make all year long. Then of course I need a room added on to keep the tub in. I can't win for losing. I have been practising with my knitting lately, have y'all heard all the rumbling noises? I remember the good old days when I could just click right along at a fast pace, oh yeah....those were the days. I finished some of my last minute sewing projects. I finished making Jay's "thingy" for him to put between the mattress and box springs and has pockets for the remote or flashlight or whatever. Tomorrow I have to make him a new sack for him to carry all his peppermint sticks in to go to the childrens clinic. His old one has just about had it so he decided this was the year for a new one. Today was Jay's birthday and I wanted to take him out for lunch, it was sort of cold (-21* with a wind chill of -35*) but he said it was fine we could go. So I froze and he was just fine enjoying the cold. We came right home after lunch and I got back into my fuzzy warm shoes and started my crocheting. I think that is why quilting, and crocheting is best done in the winter, we have something warm to hold while we work. I suppose I should get in bed it is 1:20 am here and my warm bed is calling me. Take care everyone and stay warm.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, right -21 is sort of cold hahaha. No, that's miserable, stay in the house cold. Tell Jay I said Happy Birthday! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jay! Where have your blog posts been lately? I have missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to Jay. Tea with a cup and saucer is a great gift for someone you don't know that well. Women can never have too many cups and saucers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.