COME JOIN THE GANG

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Volunteer Quilt In The Making

Now I know all of y'all are just sitting there with nothing to do--stop throwing things!! The link below is getting together anybody that would like to volunteer to make a 5" quilt block representing something that their state makes them think of. I signed up for South Dakota, where we live, and naturally I have Mt. Rushmore or a buffalo that instantly pops into my head. But I am still thinking about other items like the Black Hills, they are just so gorgeous. Oh, I don't know. Okay, anyway below is the link if anybody would like to read about this creation. It is not due until Feb. so there is plenty time. Also if you scroll down a couple of posts she has a complete explanation of the whole thing plus the listing of the states. So check it out and it might give you something to think about later...there is life after December you know. 8>)

http://lifeinjpegs.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. I made a British Columbia one once. I used the Delectible Mountains block and then appliqued an Orca (whale) in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I will check it out. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.