COME JOIN THE GANG

Friday, September 25, 2009

Crazy Stitched Christmas Felt



Remember these two felt ornaments that I posted a while back? Well, I finally got my felt all crazy stitched and am ready to now cut out my pieces.

So first I cut out some ornament shaped ones, and I turned them differently so the stitching wouldn't all just be the same. I think these would be cute on a gift, on the tree, and hanging in the window because the stitching shows from both sides so it is pretty from the inside and the outside.
Then I made a stocking and I really liked the way it turned out. But I think on the next ones I will turn them so all the stitching won't be the same. But I must admit I had fun doing this, making the stitched felt is a "no think" sort of sewing. The biggest thing is, "Do I have a filled bobbin?" Well, that's about all for this project, and I still have some felt left. So I guess I will be on the lookout for some more simple projects. I'll let you know what I find. Chat later.

4 comments:

  1. Those turned out great. It is also good to have a sampler of all of the stitches on your machine. That would also be a good way to decorate packages for Christmas, or at a baby shower. I like your new blog background too. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really clever way to use all those stitches on your machine. I like your idea of turning the stitches in different directions, especially on the tree shaped ornament.
    I agree with Karen that it also makes for a good sampler of your maching stitches.
    Have fun going "crazy"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the stocking too. Your new background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.