COME JOIN THE GANG

Monday, August 31, 2009

An Easy Ornament


Aren't these pretty? I ran across these and decided, I gotta make 'em! When I was loosing my eyesight Jay bought me a new sewing machine that did all kinds of stuff and had all different kinds of pretty stitches. Lazy me has not really used any of them yet, although I have tried them all out to make sure I understood them, and I have made all my buttonholes. So....I have no excuse not to make something now right? The photo above was not made by me, darn it. It is done on a simple thick piece of felt and then just cut into the shapes. Isn't that a neat idea? Do you know how fast you could stitch a long piece of felt in all the fancy stitches and in all different colors and then just cut them into the shapes? This one item I am going to do. But then I got to thinking about making Christmas stockings and doing the same thing with all these stitches. Jay and I go out on Christmas Eve and deliver presents to some that are not as fortunate as we are or those that are having to spend Christmas in the hospital. He always delivers an orange or an apple (whatever the nurse says they can have) and visits with them a little while. Well I was thinking I could sew stockings and put the fruit in them and that way they would have something to keep after they have eaten the fruit. Don't y'all think that would be a good idea? That might be a project I need to start real soon, before I come up with 10 other things I want to do. 8>) The link below is to the site where this idea is from, so you can get better instructions that I have given. Is it too early to say "Merry Christmas" ??

http://craftlog.org/craftlog/?p=2604

5 comments:

  1. It's a good idea Molly but quite an undertaking. I was thinking those ornaments would make a nice decoration on the packages. Gotta love fancy stitching and felt/wool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would be a really great gift for them.....but pace yourself and don't tire yourself out!!! Gotta keep you spunky!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Molly I think you should make some stockings up for Christmas, it wouldn't take long as the stockings would not have to be that big. Whip one up and post a photo of it, Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat way to try out all the fancy stitches! I've never used mine because I had no cause to, but this is a project I could do, I think. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.