Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Caps To Deliver
My eyes have been giving me a little bit of trouble lately so I haven't done any sewing, but they didn't keep me from crocheting. I can feel the stitches so I know what I'm doing there, or at least I hope I do. I have 24 caps to deliver to the Sioux Hospital, I hope to make more during the summer so I can start next winter off with a bang. They can use caps for the Elders, children and newborns. I love making all sizes but my favorite is the newborns. I just love making those little tiny things, and I get to choose whatever colors I want and that is fun also. I started making these caps as therapy for my hand, I wanted something simple and something that could be used not just stuck away somewhere. I checked with our local hospital but they have a group of ladies that keep them supplied, so no luck there. I donated to M.D. Anderson back in Texas and to the Cancer Hospital here but it still wasn't enough. One day when I was at my physical therapist Doctor she asked me how my hand was coming along so I told her my story about my caps. She looked at me and smiled and told me to take them to the Sioux Hospital, which I had never thought of. So when I spoke with them they were tickled to death to have my caps and in all sizes. So I was on a roll, I had a place where my items were needed and that meant I had to work my hand a lot to fill their needs. So I suppose I should quit writing and get back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting, please leave me a comment so I can come see your pretties.