I have made several Star Quilts and was even lucky enough to join a group of Amish ladies to help them finish one and then when we moved here to South Dakota I was also blessed to help some of the Native women finish one. They awarded me that quilt for helping them and it now hangs on my wall. That is the picture that I have included below.
The easiest way to make one is to do it in strips instead of cutting all the diamonds. If you have not done this before there are many books and articles that can help you out. But I have included a link below that has a great tutorial that I think is written very well. So if you are interested in learning this method please stop by this link, you will be glad you did.














I've always wanted to make one of these star quilts. I even bought the QuiltSmart template to use. One of these days, I may get around to sewing that quilt.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link! Beatiful star
ReplyDeleteYour star quilt is so pretty Molly!!! I'm sure it brings to mind happy memories too!
ReplyDelete