I have a very nice neighbor that has a companion dog, now she likes to take her for walks plus she has to go outside for 'those' sort of trips. Anywaaaay, she tries to be so independent but I worry about her. Like what would happen if she fell, or if her dog got loose, what would she do? Naturally I told her she needed to get something to carry her phone in so she could call somebody. All she kept saying was she couldn't carry her purse because that would be too much trouble. So I decided I had to make her something to use. I have made many of these Pocket Necklaces, some of them are pretty with lace and buttons, some are just recycled bluejean pockets and others are just plain old practical things. The one I made for Pam is one necklace but the pocket has a divider so she really has 2 areas to stuff things. My first thought was at least she could carry her phone and the other one could be used for whatever she thinks she might need. I made it out of butterfly fabric and the neck strap has dog prints on it which I thought would be something that she would like. But at least when she uses this I will not worry about her as much as I used to.
Disappearing 4 patch Top
14 years ago














You are a good friend to worry, and to make a necklace for your friend. I made a similar necklace for my dad several years ago. He had broken his collarbone in a fall, and needed a way to let my mom know when he needed something. The necklace held a battery operated doorbell button that rang a chime loud enough for my mother to hear. This was before he had a cell phone. Slip and falls are so much more serious as we get older. I often tell my dad that his life can change in an instant if he were to fall and break a hip. And still, he won't use a cane!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea and so very thoughtful of you to make that for her. I'm sure she will use it and appreciate it! Lisa
ReplyDelete