This is a photo of Jay receiving the State of Texas EMS Award for saving the life of the g-son that he is holding. They only give out one award per year for the entire state, and he received it. Jay is always a `Johnny on the spot'. So you are probably wondering where this is going. Well, Jay and I went out for lunch today to one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants. As we pulled into the parking lot we notice an elderly lady parking her car in the handicap parking but taking up two spaces at an angle. So we thought, well she really can't park very well. So we continue inside and get seated then we realize that the lady we had just seen parking is now sitting in a booth a couple of tables from us. We joked about the fact that at least she made it inside okay, then we notice she is drinking a margarita (only a margarita). I have nothing against drinking even though I don't, but this lady had to be about 85 years old and she was not eating any lunch. All she was having was her drink. So being nosy I started to be concerned about her driving home, I had already witnessed her parking and that was before her Margarita lunch. She finally finishes it and then tries to stand up, it took her four attempts but she finally did manage to stand upright. She heads out of the restaurant then suddenly Jay says, "I'll be right back." Now I know my husband and the way he said that phrase meant he was going to get into something. The next sound I hear is Jay's voice asking, "Are you a diabetic?" "What is your name?" "Do you know where you are?" So I just stay in my chair knowing full well that EMT Jay is busy working. She had left her table but made it only to the exit door where she collapsed. Jay's training took over. The lady was in distress and it wasn't from the alcoholic drink. Jay was shouting orders to the onlookers as what to do. "Call an ambulance", "get a blanket", "elevate her legs" roared through the restaurant. I could hear him comforting the lady that she would be okay. The story ends with the ambulance taking her to the hospital and one of the gentlemen driving her car to the hospital for the elderly lady. The manager of the restaurant and all the staff were so thankful that Jay was there and could take over, they all said they did not know what they would have done without him. The end to this story is the lady is being taken care of and so was our lunch bill. Now how was that for a great adventure??? Oh, did I mention about when he saved me from choking ... or when he saved his sister from drowning ... or when ..... well I think you get the idea. He's a good guy to have around.














Great job, Jay! Don't you just love having someone like that around?
ReplyDeleteWow Molly you have one very special guy! Tell Jay that what he has done will always be appreciated by people who count, his friends. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteJay is a special child of God. God bless him!
ReplyDeleteAn earth-angel for sure!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story! What a wonderful man! Lucky you! Hey, thank you for visiting my blog and for following! I'm following you, too!
ReplyDelete