When Jay was the Curator of the Living History Village, I made a lot of baskets, did a lot of quilting but somehow I still missed my crocheting. To be time period correct my Susan Bates hooks just wouldn't make it, and I am too cheap to buy some that would be correct. So Hubby to the rescue. He's a hunter so he got some deer bones and made me two or rather three hooks. The one on top is about a size 'F' and the one on the bottom has a hook on each end. The left end is a 'H' and the right end is a "G" size. It is impossible to show both ends at the same time as he made them going in opposite directions. They are so nice to work with as they are so smooth and the yarn just slides along. He and David (our son) built me a wooden quilt frame and we used that every day at the Village. When it was cold we worked inside one of the log cabins and when it was hot we carried it out under the trees and worked there. It was really comfortable being able to quilt outside like that. All this jabbering started because Jay asked me what I would like for Christmas, I couldn't think of anything. So he wanted to know what he could make for me, I got to thinking that he has made me so many things what else would I need. So that's why I decided to write about all the things he has made. He's pretty good at taking care of me, I am really going to have to do some thinking about Christmas though, I'm stumped. Y'all take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Disappearing 4 patch Top
15 years ago














How handy!! It looks like a great design.
ReplyDeleteHe is very talented. Horns are good for so many things. My hubby uses them for buttons and to smooth the wood on the bows he makes.
ReplyDeleteTalented man
ReplyDeleteThose are so neat Molly! I can't wait to see what else he's made. My husband used to make me things out of wood. Hopefully he'll start again one of these days.
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky! I'm lucky if my husband makes me dinner! But, I love him anyway, even if he isn't all that creative or handy.
ReplyDelete