I don't know if the rest of the world knows this or not, but.....I love buttons. I collect them no matter what they look like. They don't have to be a certain kind, I just like to have a pile of them and run my fingers through the whole bunch. Maybe I think they are gold coins or something. I made these Dorset Buttons when Jay was Curator of the museum, we dressed in the time frame of the 1800's. But this style of button has been made since the 1700's. I have made all sizes and even sold quite a few to some of the others that dressed in time period clothes. It was hard to buy correct buttons for us because they were so expensive, so naturally we took the practical way out. I think it is funny how old things become fashionable again, you know your Mother said to hold onto those things because they would be in fashion again sometime. Well, she was right. The site included here shows a great photo of them and gives good instructions on how to make your own. So take a look and grab a ring and get started. Enjoy
http://www.10000greatideas.com/idea.php?idea=1045&sid=3
Disappearing 4 patch Top
14 years ago














Wow, those are pretty neat. I've never heard of those buttons before. Thanks for the info. Karen
ReplyDeleteI never heard of them either but they are really neat.
ReplyDelete